New

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi 
I had tnbc 13 years ago and was given all clear after 10 years 

I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma to the left vocal cord 4 years ago A totally separate cancer I had 20 rounds of radiotherapy 2 years later it had returned and I had lazer surgery 

This year at my review they discovered cancer in a lump node just under my chin 

I had ct scans and they came back clear I only got to speak to a doctor once due to covid and he said It was secondary breast cancer He suggested chemo though said it wouldn’t cure it and it was up to me 

I had 4 rounds of Docetaxel which finished early June I was supposed to have a review in August but it has been cancelled till September 

I just wondered had anyone else been in this position and would anyone have any idea what’s happens next I know I can’t have any more radiotherapy 

Find the waiting really hard but I know lots of others have missed out on treatment due to Covid  and need seen 

Thanks Elaine 

• Hi , I haven’t got the experience your looking for but wondered if it was worth checking out the group below for experience as you mentioned triple negative breast cancer. 

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/triple_negative_breast_cancer/

or perhaps putting docetaxel in the search box if you haven’t already tried that.

Each cancer seems to have a different set of treatments, I haven’t had radiotherapy or chemotherapy for my cancer in lymph nodes, I’ve had targeted therapy Dabrafenib and then immunotherapy Pembrolizumab. I have metastatic melanoma that was in my lymph nodes by the time it was diagnosed 5 years ago and later spread to my ovary. 

I hope someone with the experience you’re looking for looks in, or you find them. 

Waiting makes time go even slower doesn’t it. When I was in limbo I had a special ialist cancer nurse who was able to get any questions answered for me, I hope you have a similar number. I had a break during the peak covid period but have gone back on to treatment now a bit early as I could feel a lump and a CT scan confirmed what I could feel.

best wishes

Take care KT