Secondary cancer in lymph nodes

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi

I’m new to this group but been on Macmillan for a while. Mum was diagnosed with stage 4 womb cancer back in 2019, after successfully getting through chemo and debulking she had 7 months in remission then it came back, chemo again and it worked on what it targeted but formed in her lymph nodes during treatment so it was stopped. They said there was nothing else they could do for her and she was put on a trial drug that unfortunately hasn’t worked. The cancer is in the lymph nodes in the groin and she now has to wait 28 days before she finds out anything else as per the trial conditions. Going to be a long 4 weeks and was just reaching out for any similar stories and treatment just to give us an idea of this is the end of the road or what options may be available.

Thank you in advance x

• Hi

I'm very sorry to read that your mum's womb cancer has spread to her lymph nodes and that the last treatment she had wasn't successful.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post this in the womb cancer group as you'll hopefully then connect with others who have had their womb cancer spread to their lymph nodes. If this is something that you'd like to do then clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

It would be great if you could pop something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello

hope you and mum are well x

my mum has recently dealt with a recurrence too… treated at the Royal Marsden-  trial drug Atezolizumab… have you looked into this

sending you lots of love and good wishes xxx Kissing heart