Secondary lymph nodes cancer

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi all 

My mum had breast cancer and treatment seemed to clear it but now has secondary cancer in the lymph nodes and small lumps back in the breast. They have also picked up small spots in the lung on the CT scan...and something in the bowel..we are in bits biopsy in 4weeks on the lymph and appointment for colonoscopy to come . She will get chemo pill tailored to the cancer once they know what type....what’s people’s experiences with this....she seems ok just now xx

thanks and stay strong everyone. We are trying to be positive xx

• Hello Beecoo, I’m sorry to hear about your Mum and her recurrence, I hope you are keeping well. I have had a couple of biopsies to my lymph nodes, the time waiting goes so slowly when your in limbo waiting for treatment, I’m glad your Mum feels well, and that’s what my oncologist said to concentrate on when I was waiting for results. I haven’t experience with chemo pills, although I have with targeted therapy drugs and I’m currently on immunotherapy for my type of cancer. It looks like this might be your first post on here so I hope you don’t mind me making a few suggestions for using the site. 

There is a very active breast cancer group (I wanted to put the link in but somehow it won’t work but you will find it by tapping on the groups button) and another active group   General Discussion, which will have members who might have started the pills your talking about and have experience to share. I know your waiting for all the investigations and that might end up to be the wrong group but it sounds like it might be a good place to start, as this group is very quiet. There’s also an Ask a Nurse where you could put any questions to one of the Macmillan nurses, or use the Macmillan support line to talk things through. There’s also a Family and friends - Discussion Forum, they will have experience with all the waiting and uncertainty that you are perhaps going through at the moment. 

Take care KT

• Thank so much for replying ...took me ages to find my post lol.....mums had a bone scan and a brain scan to to be sure it’s not spread any where else. Fingers crossed just waiting for ALL the results an hope that there is something that can be done. Polyp was taken from the bowel but there is still something there and biopsy taken from that. Lymph node bio is on Tuesday fingers crossed x