It's back

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 4 subscribers

My youngest was diagnosed with stage 3 Colon cancer in 2018 she had ira and completed chemo,  bloods and follow up scans have been ok she had a clear scan in July this year, her bloods late August was raised they was repeated she was then sent for a pet scan that showed 3 areas on concern  they done a biopsy and the results are not good, they said she had secondary bowel cancer in lymph nodes near her spine. She is seeing her oncologist on Friday  have looked online but everything I've read has said different things does anyone have any advice thanks.

• Hi 

I'm very sorry to read that you have recently discovered that your daughter's bowel cancer has spread. I don't have any experience with this but I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses yet. As this group is fairly quiet you might find posting in the bowel cancer group will link you to people who have had secondaries.

I hope your daughter's appointment with her oncologist went as well as it could yesterday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you i will do. he appointment didnt go well , they said she has advanced stage 4 bowel cancer.

• I'm really sorry to hear that . This must be a very difficult time for the whole family.

I see that you've posted in the bowel cancer group and that people there have said that many people live a long life even when their cancer is advanced. I hope this is the case for your daughter to.

Sending a virtual (((hug)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"