Lung cancer question

• 2 replies
  • 5 subscribers

I got a CT scan back in August it showed a mass in my lungs. I got another scan in December and they said that the size hasn’t changed. I am to get another scan in 3months again. 

I’m concerned that it is lung cancer. I had breast cancer 3years ago. 
can anybody help with regards to the mass. Can they not tell from a CT scan if it is cancer or not? They just said mass.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that after being diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago you're now concerned that you might have secondary lung cancer. It must be very scary for you.

Probably the best person to ask about this mass is your breast cancer nurse as she should have access to your records.

I'm also tagging this group's Community Champion into my reply as she might be able to help you further with your questions.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hello  and thanks to  for tagging me in. .I agree your breast cancer nurse is the best one to ask about this, especially as she's medically qualified and I'm not.

It seems strange they've done several CT scans, seen the mass n yet done nothing about it. They're obviously doing the "watch and wait" scenario.

My lung mets are lung nodules which increase or decrease over the years, depending on my anti cancer meds (Pazopanib),which  I take to control my kidney cancer mets.

So I've not got a lung mass as such.

If you're concerned, I should definitely ask your breast cancer nurse, as she can see the scan reports and indeed the actual scans. You might also ask why no one's followed up the' mass' report, given its inference of further cancer.

As your next CT isn't till May,  you might want to query the previous ones in advance of that, so you have the answers ahead of it. It will also give you time to think of any further questions.

Take someone with you when you get the results of the May scan, so they can jot down the answers to any questions you may ask, so you have them to hand later.

I hope this is all a  "storm in a teacup" and a "good worry wasted" for you.

Do let us know how you get on

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.