Sarcoma cancer metatised to lungs

• 4 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hello all, 

3 weeks ago I had a proximal femoral and hip replacement due to a grade 3 sarcoma growth on them. The op was a success but I've been told that it has metatised to my lungs. I know what is on my lungs will never be gone and I am due to start chemotherapy and radiotherapy in a few weeks. I know the treatment won't cure me but was wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge of how the treatment may slow things down as I can't bear the thought of not being around for long as according to the dreaded Google searching, the outlook isn't great, even short term. 

Thanks Blush

• Hi   sorry to hear your news. I know how scary this is for you. I also have a sarcoma which has spread  to my lungs. The most important thing I can tell you is, stop googling! When I was first diagnosed, Google told me I had 3-5 years, that was in 2009! Lung cancer treatments have come such a long way with treatments that far more of us are living with this disease, and are managing to live a good life whilst on treatment. 

As my lung cancer is a sarcoma, I am also a member of the Soft tissue sarcomas forum  as well as the Lung cancer forum  which you may want to take a look at  as well, as this group is quite quiet at the moment. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hiya, many thanks for your reply Blush  was your sarcoma diagnosed in 2009 also? It's very reassuring knowing that you have done so well for so long after your original diagnosis. My spindle cell sarcoma was grade 3 and lung mets was alBlush found at the same time. I'm really hoping that the chemo will have a positive effect on what's on my lungs. I'm planning on being around for a long time yet Blush

•  I was originally diagnosed with womb sarcoma in 2009, and then in my lungs in 2014. If you click on my profile picture it will take you to my profile page where you can read my journey.

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Many thanks for your reply. I'll take a look at your profile page. Blush