Secondary lung cancer ?

• 18 replies
  • 7 subscribers

I originally suffered from liver cancer in 2018 which was horrible but managed to get it operated and was doing Well for 4 years however I have now been told by doctors that my mri and CT scans have shown nodules on my lungs and they believe it could be lung cancer and said it could have moved from the original primary site. However my liver is ok now so I’m confused on how I can suddenly develop cancer in my lungs and extremely worried as I have very bad asthma and breathing problems as it is. Also I had such a delay with my diagnosis last time due to doctors not taking me seriously my liver cancer tumour grew up to 17cm so no doubt I am still waiting for results. I had my mri scan which showed something wasn’t right in January however was only told of something being wrong end of March which is not right or normal? Has anyone else experienced the cancer moving to another site? Also has anyone had to wait months for a mri result?

• Hi, my husband Pete was diagnosed with bowel cancer in December 2016, at that time it was stage 2. He had an 11.5 hour operation on the 7th April 2017 where it had gone to a stage 3, he had chemotherapy for 4 months and we thought all was well. Then in December 2019 just before covid Pete was poorly and could not breath properly.I took him to A/E they said he has a small amount of fluid on his lung and to wait for an appointment for a scan. No appointment come went to our doctors in the January 2020, our doctor told us to go straight to the hospital. Turned out Pete had over 4 litres of fluid in his left lung. It had to be dreined and biopsies were taken. After l kept ringing the hospital we was finally told at the end of February that Pete had stage 4 secondary lung cancer. The cancer that he had in his lung was from his bowel cancer, l am heart broken to say that Pete passed away on the 17th October 2021. He was having chemotherapy up until end of February 2021.

• Hi Katy,

I’m so sorry to hear of your diagnosis and no I haven’t personally but my husband has bone and lung secondaries ..from prostate cancer diagnosed at stage 4 last September.  I’m devastated but he is doing well on treatment and I’m hopeful of several years together.. we live with hope and have thrown ourselves into our lives enjoying the simple life with more meaning than it ever had before. 
    do you have someone at home?

thinking of you and sending you a big hug and much love..

Louli x

• Hi Neve,

I am so sorry to hear of your very sad loss. Partners and husbands are a huge loss and I feel your pain as my own husband is stage 4 with bone and lung mets from Prostate cancer.

I try not to think too far ahead but The worry is exhausting. Do you have support? MacMillan?? Family?? 

sending you much love and kind thoughts,

Louli xx

• I am sorry to hear about your husband.

i have metastases in my lungs and liver and behind my right eye.

i am still here xx

Ruth 

• I am so happy for you xx. I know that they are improving ways of helping cancer patients all the time. I hope that you will be here for a long time to come xxSparkling heart

• Thank you for your kind words xx. Yes l do  have support, 2 sons brother sisters and l have rang Mcm before Pete died. But l am finding it hard to mix. I don't want to go out l want to be here were Pete wasCry. But thank you for caring as l know that everyone on this site does.Sparkling heart

• You’re so welcome Neve and yes we are all so lucky to have this wonderful site..!

You are bound to want to stay close to home and where you have shared your life together. It all takes time .. I lost my dad and my best friend last year and I think of both of them as living in my heart now. They are everywhere with me now.

you are doing great xx

• Hello neve 

I am so sorry to hear about your husband and I cannot imagine how hard it’s been for both of you over the last few years. I think it is very frustrating the waiting for appointments and scans like you mentioned and that is what worries me the most the waiting and not knowing. Also the fact that I’ve had some cancer before going through it once is enough for everyone never mind multiple times. I hope you are okay thank you so much for getting in touch just talking to people on here really does make it easier for me to cope with as I don’t know anyone who has had cancer or anyone with loved ones who have had it either so i feel so alone. I’m glad I have found this site and just hearing your story touches my heart. Sending you so much love and hugs x

• Hello louli 

thank you for replying, I am glad to hear your husband is doing well with treatment and I hope he gets through it soon, I agree after having cancer 4 years ago and just the thought of having it again it really does change your prospective on life and what really matters in life. I’m trying my best to keep positive even though it’s so stressful not knowing and also without knowing I cannot tell what treatments will be required and just sends me on a spiral. That’s lovely to hear you are both enjoying the simple things in life and with hope most of all. I do believe with a positive outlook or mindset, your body starts to feel better  even though I don’t always follow this myself lol 

I don’t have much friends or a partner but I have my family and even though it’s hard I believe you’re right the most important thing to focus on is trying to be hopeful and the simple things in life.

thank you so much for your lovely message

sending you lots of hugs and kisses xx

• Awe Katy you sound like such a lovely person. Stay in touch I’m following  xx

big hug Louli!!