Secondary lung cancer ?

• 18 replies
  • 7 subscribers

I originally suffered from liver cancer in 2018 which was horrible but managed to get it operated and was doing Well for 4 years however I have now been told by doctors that my mri and CT scans have shown nodules on my lungs and they believe it could be lung cancer and said it could have moved from the original primary site. However my liver is ok now so I’m confused on how I can suddenly develop cancer in my lungs and extremely worried as I have very bad asthma and breathing problems as it is. Also I had such a delay with my diagnosis last time due to doctors not taking me seriously my liver cancer tumour grew up to 17cm so no doubt I am still waiting for results. I had my mri scan which showed something wasn’t right in January however was only told of something being wrong end of March which is not right or normal? Has anyone else experienced the cancer moving to another site? Also has anyone had to wait months for a mri result?

• Yes, I had kidney cancer 11 years ago, kidney was removed and 5 years later it appeared again in one of my lungs. It was given a Radiofrequency Ablation and has not progress, but I have not been given the all clear and signed off.  Now I have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, not secondary, this 'lump' was seen when they viewed my annual Lung Thorax CT scan last December. 

I find the Urology department difficult to deal with, I wasn't personally given the findings of the breast cancer by the Urologist he sent letters to the Breast Clinic and a letter to my Medical Centre for a doctor.  Was not contacted by my Medical Centre, was given the information when being assessed for a Gynaecology operation!  The Breast Clinic has very kind people.

Keep pressuring them for your MRI Scan results, I wish you successful treatment.

Having to cope on my own and not looking forward to the next few years.

Hope you receive the treatment soon

Jenny

• Sorry to hear bout you getting cancer twice it must be hard.

i had RFA to my lungs several years ago and it is a good treatment.

the breast care centres are usually very good and very used to explaining to you your situation 

best wishes 

Ruth 

• What a tough situation you are in, you must have many very difficult decisions to make and suffering from a lot of pain I'm sure.  My situation is nothing compared to yours...thank you for your contact. 

Will be following your progress, sending you love and best wishes...be brave, my thoughts are with you xx

• I've been diagnosed with secondary cancer in lung and lymph nodes.  Been told months to a year now.  Palliative care dealing with pain meds. No mote scans to see if cancer has spread 

• Sorry to hear this Dave. I am in a similar position and palliative care help with medication xx

Ruth 

• God l am so sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Same thing happened to my husband Pete, l know only too well as others do on here that what a wrecking ball, it is to be told that.Sob.

How are you in yourself?Heart

• Hi, my husband Pere had a 14 hour operation for secondary cancer of the peritoneum following what was supposed to be a simple bowel cancer.  Now this is clear he has two nodules on his lungs and we have to wait for the big hospital of Barcelona to decide next steps.  Meanwhile he has to finish his round of chemotherapy.  I get the feeling we are playing cat and mouse here.  Not sure if this can end well.  Being a Brit in Spain doesn't help either as the support in Spain is around zero.  I feel better speaking with English people.

• Hi Toyo

So sorry to here this my heart goes put to you both. sounds very similar to what my husband Pete had to deal with.

No one ever seems to give you the right information or if they do it is very sparingly. It is a tough time and l wish you both well, we all have different stories but are so similar in other ways. You will always get good support from this forum. Thinking of you bothHeart