Lung Chatty Thread

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2638 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hello All

I thought about setting up a thread for us all to use to chat about various stuff across, so it's all in one place and newer members posts not getting pushed down and off the discussion front page before getting an answer.

I hope you are all doing well and not too stuffed on easter eggs?

I have not eaten mine yet! I went to bed friday night not feeling well and woke up Saturday with a horrid migraine throwing my guts up Disappointed usually I fall asleep and sleep it off. Not so, I ended up going to the OOH doctor Sunday afternoon as was still throwing up Disappointed He gave me some lotions and potions and still not right yet. Though haven't thrown up for a few hours now. I going to try and eat something soon (not easter eggys) to see if I can manage that and see if it makes me feel better. I hate being ill! Especially on a bank holiday weekend with such nice weather. I was so looking forward to it and I have slept most of it away.

• Hi Gina

I feel your pain. I too spent yesterday in a migraine coma. We spent all of Friday and Saturday packing up the house and moving it into storage, and yesterday I woke with such a bad migraine I remained in bed for most of the day. My other half told me off, said he told me not to over do it, but it’s so hard to sit and watch others work and you do nothing. 

So my family all had a lovely roast, cooked by my other half, whilst I tried to sleep it off. Still feel weak and sick today, but my Dad is here for lunch today so I’m determined to cook even if I don’t eat it. 

I do feel sorry for you, working full time then when you have time off you can’t enjoy it. Sod’s law we call it! Hope you can enjoy the day today, it’s a bit cooler here today and the air a bit fresher which is nice. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

sorry to hear your not to well and unable to enjoy easter break. hope meds start kicking in.

• Morning Gina,

i know you are up and around somewhere as usual, how are you today? Have you gone into work or taken the day off. If you have taken the day off good on you. I know you think if you are at home you will just dwell on things but you are going to do that anyway at work but that will just create more stress, try and take some time for you todayGrin

Julie
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Justme19

Hi Julie

I sure was... well okay I was leaving a bit late for work! My brain decided to though I was tired, so stay awake as along as possible so you alarm was going off about 3 hours after you went to sleep!

I ended doing a half day. I only took half the steroids and by lunch time was feeling poop. I went to see my lung nurse and then had an MRI this afternoon so some progress, They have all they need from me an putting the plan in place now.

I will try and cook some tea soon and get a proper meal in which I am sure will help too. Best diet ever this....

Work are ok, they are so good to be honest with me. So supportive.

My manager has just being diagnosed with breast cancer too so she is just starting this lovely ride we all like so very much.

How has your day been Julie? Admiring your freshly mowed lawn? I wish at times I had a garden. 

How is everybody else. Good to see some quieter members posting over the last couple of days too. I miss hearing from Albondigas too. I know her new treatment wasn't sounding fun. I hope she picks up and re joins us soon.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Check you lot all out with your shiny new profile pictures!

• Hi everyone 

I thought I’d post an update on my move on here. We are in!! But now the work begins. But we’ve already been greeted by 2 little ducks at the front door looking for bread which was really sweet. 

I hope Maggie is ok. I’ve only had a quick look on here but not seen her? 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Glad your in and what a lovely welcomeDuck

Maggie peeped in earlier, just to say hello, she went to get her eye done yesterday and she was sore that’s why she didn’t come on yesterday, not heard from her since earlier though

Julie
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Hi Chelle

Glad the big move is done! You can slowly get yourself unpacked and buy lots of new things and get settled.

Aww bless the ducks! You will need to get some meal worms for them.

I take it you havn't moved far away from where you were before Chelle?

Julie I did laugh when you said Maggie had peeked in before. I was thinking at first that you meant as she calls everyone peeps all the time!

Not sure if Maggie sore I set up this thread, hopefully she will and can check up on this and say her 'peeps' on this thread Slight smile

I am having a nice lazy weekend. I have barely slept with the steroids so gonna sleep can try and get into a new routine and do the booring old washing. I have no clean socks left.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Well, I was going to treat you all to a new profile picture of me but even on my computer it does not want to work, Just fails. But it's been doing that for ages now....

I think the present one was taken when I was 33 ish so nearly three years out of date. I will keep tinkering!

• Gina, what are you doing, where has your picture gone - it wasn’t that bad honestJoyJoy

me thinks you’ve tinkered too much

Julie