Lung Chatty Thread

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2638 replies
  • 128 subscribers

Hello All

I thought about setting up a thread for us all to use to chat about various stuff across, so it's all in one place and newer members posts not getting pushed down and off the discussion front page before getting an answer.

I hope you are all doing well and not too stuffed on easter eggs?

I have not eaten mine yet! I went to bed friday night not feeling well and woke up Saturday with a horrid migraine throwing my guts up Disappointed usually I fall asleep and sleep it off. Not so, I ended up going to the OOH doctor Sunday afternoon as was still throwing up Disappointed He gave me some lotions and potions and still not right yet. Though haven't thrown up for a few hours now. I going to try and eat something soon (not easter eggys) to see if I can manage that and see if it makes me feel better. I hate being ill! Especially on a bank holiday weekend with such nice weather. I was so looking forward to it and I have slept most of it away.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Justme19

I know! I am the cloud of doom! Slight smile

It wouldn't let me upload a new one, so genius thought, of if I remove the old one it would let me.... well thinking didn't work Smiley

I have asked them really nicely if they would put a new profile picture up for me but it will likely be Monday.

Opsy!

• Strange isn’t it, can take one off but can’t get one onThinking

Julie
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

o dear gina,you will miss the beauty contest julie has set up.Grin

• FormerMember

I am sure I am the clear winner :D I do think you need something other than a boot Darlo!

Right now I am winning and getting the washing in the machine. Opsy, what happens when you leave it.

I have just raided the cupboards as steroid munchies are so bad! EVERYTHING smells delicious all the time..... you will probably get me talking about food a lot for a while.

Humphrey - we will of course ensure a meet up done south is organised for who ever. No need to wait for me!

I think they are talking about potentially next week for surgery! I know I was amazed. I should hear from him, I was hoping Friday but looks like it will be Monday. I would have to go meet him and etc and then either stay there or get it done. Not sure which.

I will also need to know how much time they give you to heal after surgery if radiotherapy. So I may be over twice, really not sure yet.

But perhaps someone who knows London way better than me (never been there - except on the tube or similar) would be the better to organise when and where.

I would like to see people, but obviously won't know how well I will be feeling etc. They did warn me if I do have full brain radiotherapy I will loose my hair. So if you loose me I will be the bald one eating everything in site.

• Wow they really are moving fast Gina. I’m trying to keep up with the posts but just able to grab a couple of minutes here and there. So you will have operation in London ? Xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Get a cuppa and rest, not too much Chelle Slight smile

From what my Jersey oncologist seem to say Friday yes. She had sent the scans to UCLH neuro surgeon and he seemed to think they were operable and getting the impression they want them out. Partly I think my health insurance doesn't cover me for Southampton (it's not registered with them - not sure why) but the guy at UCLH is. So I think they are going for speed and covered cost as Jersey has to reimburse the hospital for anything uncovered I have over there I think. I'd prefer Southampton, but take what I can get. So I reckon ill be flown over say Wednesday to meet and consent.

I had a look on the map and it looks like it's just across from Westminster.

I know we only fly to Gatwick so I would imagine if so I will be flown there. That or the further away ones which wouldn't be that good. We don't have direct flights to Heathrow.

• That’s better Darlo Joy

Julie
  • Hi Gina

The hospital is near Tottenham Court Road tube station, which is also close to Euston station. My partner is a Londoner and Will happily plan you a route if needed.  He knows London like the back of his hand, but I’m not so knowledgeable. I do know that UCLH is closer to Camden, but not near Westminster. 

Hope you can fly into Gatwick, it will certainly make it easier for you. Such a pain you can’t get it done in Southampton where you are used too, but understand now why. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Oh dear Chelle

See, I really do not know my way around London at all! Hoping Jersey will tell me where to go or similar.

Thank you that is kind.

Yes, it's all about money hey. Though I feel rubbish at the moment, so hoping for the speed. I spent sunday morning sprinting to throw up again and slept all day yesterday. The quicker they sort something the better Disappointed I will be skinny at this rate mind.

• FormerMember

hi gina sorry to hear your having such a rubbish time. not going to work are you.?   take care.