Hi I am new here

• 2 replies
  • 148 subscribers

Hi I have recently been diagnosed with extensive small cell lung cancer I am in my late 30s.
I apologise now as this is a bit of a moan and rant I hope that’s ok.
When it was confirmed by CT biopsy it was small cell I was told that without treatment it was a matter of weeks to months and even with around 12 months on average then when treatmen decided etc I was informed of my start date for treatment was 2 weeks after that.

I am really struggling at the moment with being angry and frustrated which is completely out of character for me. I do no get angry with my partner and kids but they hear me becoming angry with other people about little unimportant things such as someone’s driving or skipping a cue etc

I am unsure where this is all coming from and would appreciate if anyone has any advice or tips that could help.

Thanks 

• Hi  welcome to the group, but sorry you find yourself here. It is quite normal to feel angry and frustrated. You are going through a terrible situation at the moment, and your emotions will be very up and dow. Have you thought about counselling? If you call the Macmillan support line on 0808 808 00 00 they will be able to arrange this for you. 

There is also a buddy service that you may be interested in. I will pop a link to this below for you.

macmillan-buddies

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks I have registered for macmillan buddies, I didn’t know about it. Thank you