FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 144 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Im Spangly. I was diagnosed with lung cancer at the beginning of April. I’ve had numerous scans and tests since then to find out just what is going on and now I’m waiting for the oncology consultant to call me in to discuss the results and a prognosis.  About 10 or so days the nurse said. So that’s it up to now. I’m looking forward to talking to those of you who feel like a chat. Kissing heart

• Yes, me too.  I have a meeting with the oncologist on Thursday morning,  so I might know more then.  Or your dtarter for 10 for more tests?  No idea.  Will update you then, if I can suss out this site!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Glenys

Hi, Yes, the site is a bit confusing I agree. Hopefully it will get easier as we go on. Good luck for Thursday. Let me know how you get on. In the meantime if you want to have a natter about anything, I’m here. I feel quite isolated at the moment. Do you?

• Yes, and it doesn't help living by myself.  Yes, you have friends, but you don't want to sicken them.  My first hint there was something wrong was 8th April,  with confirmation of lung cancer on the 18th.  

Wonder why the site tells you in one breath reply, then but don't do it here??

• FormerMember

I’m not sure why it takes so long for replies to come through. It’s a bit weird. I suppose we’ll suss it out as we go along. 

I live alone too. I’ve only told my brother and he’s been so supportive. Taken me to all my hospital appointments. I don’t know what I’d do without him but he’s not one for talking about things. I think he feels helpless about it all. I’ve made him promise not to tell anyone else at this stage. 

Do you have anyone to take you to your appts?

• FormerMember

Did you get my reply a few minutes ago? I’m not sure it sent. 

• No, and so I have to be ready 2 hours before the time (!)  I'm waiting for the transport to get my cataract done today.  It arrived, speak later.

• I got the one about you being single as well.