New diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 143 subscribers

I don't know what to do. I have been misdiagnosed as a person with pernicious anemia until one decent Dr thought differently and sent me for a scan. This showed abnormalities and so I had a pet scan. This shows lung,liver and hip cancer. I have no symptons except anemia. I have been given no information except to.expect a biopsy in 4 to 6 weeks time and now I am left wondering if I  am dying and am I going to be offered any treatment. I have told no one about this as I can't face it. Please can someone give me.some advice. Thank you 

• Hi  welcome to the group, but sorry you have had to join us here. This must of come as a terrible shock for you, especially as you haven’t any symptoms.

The early stages of diagnoses are always very difficult. There is always long periods between each test, scan or biopsy and waiting for information which is always long time coming. We have all been there, and we know how hard and scary this time is. Lung cancer treatments have come a very long way in recent years, and there are lots of treatments available. To ensure you get the best treatment, all of these tests are necessary. The biopsy is the most important one, as this will tell them which type of lung cancer you have, and so which treatment will best to treat it. 

Keeping all this worry to yourself will be extremely hard. Is there a close friend or family member that you could confide in? There is always someone here to chat too, and the Macmillan support line is available 7 days a week from 8am until 8pm on 0808 808 00 00. 

Good luck with the biopsy. Let us know how you get on. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge