Hello - possible recurrence

• 4 replies
  • 143 subscribers

Hi. Had upper right lobectomy 4 years ago. Having my 6 monthly checkups. Got told I have 2 new “questionable items” and have another PET scan tomorrow. Had pneumonia 6 weeks ago and not felt right since so. Tired. Gone part time at work. Stressing and annoyed. I was just getting comfortable that I was past all this chaos and fear. Had my op 3 weeks before lockdown and I thought that was scary. 

• Hi  I am sorry to hear this. I know how worrying this is for you. It is no good me telling you not to worry, because I know you will, I’ve been in a similar situation myself before, and you can do nothing but worry. Having pneumonia is tough as well, it knocks you for 6, and can take a long time to recover. I am not surprised you are tired. Fingers crossed for you that the pet scan is clear. Please do let us know how you get on. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you. Will do. 

• How did your PET go?

I've had one probable recurrence since I was diagnosed in late 2020 and then a questionable nodule last year.  The nodule turned out to be just a nodule but it was a stressful 6 months until that was determined.