Mum has incurable lung cancer

• 1 reply
  • 142 subscribers

Hi, my mum has incurable lung cancer, about to have chemo and immunotherapy, I’m supporting her whilst juggling full time job and 3 teens…any tips or advice gratefully received 

• Hi Lucylou27 I'm Dave my wife also has incurable lung Cancer was due to start chemotherapy/immunotherapy 3weeks ago Monday comming she had a pain in groin from Thursday before which got worse and by Saturday couldn't bare to walk we thought it was a trapped nerve Monday borrowed a Walking frame and wheelchair got to hospital  they did X-Ray found broken hip due to Cancer had spread to top of Femur bone and was broken eventually had operation  then new treatment dates starting Monday coming were arranged had  Subsequent  scan showed Cancer become more aggressive and spread so now new  treatment starting Monday  and all dates cancelled but seeing Oncologist instead expecting to be told treatment no longer option and palliative care. Sorry this is all doom and gloom but please any change in condition phone cancer nurses helpline. I hope your mum gets better results. Please remember that this affects you as well look after yourself,as other people will focus on your Mum but you are in pain as well and with a family to care for makes it even harder. Please remember also usually treatment now is so much more advanced and most people survive. I had bowel Cancer myself diagnosed in July 22 and had radiotherapy then Chemotherapy and then Surgery and am now Cancer Free so it's not a death sentence. So I can speak from both sides of the Cancer ordeal and please don't give up hope but take care of yourself. I sincerely hope your Mum has a positive outcome. People will expect you to cope and you probably will but none of us is infallible you need to look after yourself. Best wishes to you your Mum and children as they also will be sad about their Grandma.. Find someone to talk to if you can it's not easy to cope alone. Best wishes Dave