Newish on here

• 2 replies
  • 143 subscribers

Hi , I have / had lung cancer i also had  breast cancer 11yrs ago , all caught early but now I have recurrant lung cancer , yet again caught early 

• Hi, Sorry to hear about your new diagnosis of recurrent lung cancer.

I have just finished treatment for lung cancer, caught early.  Also, I had breast cancer 34 year's ago.  The breast cancer wasn't really caught early and had spread into my lymph glands, but thankfully after surgery to remove a 5cm tumour and an axillary clearance, along with daily radiotherapy for six weeks I was ok.  This lung cancer was in my left upper lobe, caught early at stage 1 with no spread.  I did not have surgery, but SABR radiotherapy every other day for two and a half weeks, 8 treatments in all.  I now have the first follow up scan on Monday 18th, where hopefully the radiotherapy has done the trick.

As you say this new diagnosis is caught early, always a good thing.

Wishing you well.

Heart

• Thank you ,  was a bit of jolt to be told there was a small growth  apparently it is on stitch line so probably a cell escaped when they did surgery,  I had 4 weeks of radiotherapy which shrunk it a bit plus I had bad reaction to radiotherapy and they couldn't see if it had gone , so was on steroids for 6 weeks to try and calm the inflammation down so now it's just a waiting game . I had breast cancer 11 yrs ago but lung cancer was a primary , not related to breast cancer . I seemed to hit a depression this time round .Next scan due in a couple of months to keep an eye on it as it hasn't completely gone only shrunk . Good luck for the 18th x