What a journey I never expected to take!

• 1 reply
  • 142 subscribers

Hi all

I have no diagnosis at this time, just wanted to say hi....

My story so far.... 8th December I woke with excruciating chest pain I was too scared to even call an ambulance as a single parent to 3 kids. Anyways lasted to the next morning went gp was diagnosed with pneumonia and pleurisy even though I had no cough and Sat's of 100%. I've never been ok since exhaustion and on off right sided chest pain. Asked gp for appointment at Christmas had a text back saying it's your pneumonia give it longer. I carried on until 29th Jan demanded I was seen again they then decided I may have broken ribs so referred me for chest xray. 8th Feb had chest xray, 9th Feb had a phone call adv a 3cm nodule at the base of my right lung and an emergency referral was made. I've had blood's last week and ct scan yesterday, so now it's a waiting game.

Not going to lie I'm scared big time and pretty much concluded it is cancer.

I'm 40 never smoked. Single parent to 3 kids age 14, 12 and 10 they know nothing at the mo they don't need to know anything yet.  My ex husband is less than helpful but luckily have amazing family and friends.  I have an amazing partner of 11 months who has proven to me how amazing he is in recent weeks.

So yep that's me 

• Hi  welcome to the group, but sorry you find yourself here. Your story sounds so familiar, lots of people here have been told  it’s just an infection, and are finding themselves going back to the GP time after time until they get an X-ray. It’s time our GP’s start listening to us! 

I know the situation you are in at the moment, and how scary that is. It is easy for me to tell you not to worry until you find out what it is you are dealing with, but I know how scared you are. It is good you have had the Ct scan already, because it can take time to get all the necessary tests and reports together. 

I wouldn’t say anything to the children yet, you don’t know what this is and no point worrying them unnecessarily. This is going to be hard though, to pretend everything is normal. I am glad you have a supportive partner to help you through this. 

Come here and chat as often as you need. We are all here to support you throughout.Until you hear those words, there is always hope that this may be nothing, and we will be here to celebrate with you if that is the case. Please let us know when you hear any news. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge