Mum with secondary cancer

• 3 replies
  • 142 subscribers

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice, my mum has been diagnosed with secondary lung cancer. She has 3 Cells and the Doctors are unable to do anything, at the start there was an optiSob of  giving her  chemo tablets to help prolong it but today they have said It  wouldn’t help her and she is at high chance of having a stroke or heart attack from them because she has high blood preSobure. one of her cells is 20mm and other is 16mm, grown 4mm since last scan. She is now not having her 3 monthly scan because the radiation wouldn’t help, got to phone doctor if I’m pain but that’s it Sob just want advice of how long before she starts feeling the effects of this? 

• Hi Kel2022 welcome to the group, but sorry to hear about your mum.

I am so sorry to hear that it isn’t possible for your mum to have any treatment. This must of come as a shock to you all. 

Everyone’s cancer is different, so it would be impossible for any of us here to be able to tell you how this will effect your mum. The best person to ask will be your mums oncologist or her GP.

Caring for a loved one with cancer can be extremely stressful. The Macmillan support line is available 7 days a week from 8am until 8pm on 0808 808 00 00 if you need to talk to someone about your mum.

Take care x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you Blush It is a shock, We are all devastated, she had. Major stroke 8 yrs ago and then kidney cancer now this,  Had 3 scan and then to be told, no more it’s the fact we won’t know if it’s grown any more, we ask her oncologist advice but said it’s different for every one and asked that dreading question, how long? She just said can be many many months, to me is that not years? my worry is my mum won’t say when she is feeling I’ll, to let doctor know, as she didn’t back when she had kidney cancer she just thought it was normal for losing weight and backaches? Untill I spoke to the doctors with my worries,, sorry just don’t want yo upset my family with my concerns

• I can fully understand how you feel. It is difficult if they won’t open up about how they are feeling. I expect she doesn’t want you to worry by telling you. 

I think you would benefit from calling the help line. It is completely confidential, but sometimes it makes you feel better to talk things through x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge