no small cell lung cancer stage 4 node cancer and bone cancer.

• 2 replies
  • 146 subscribers

Was told in May i have 12/18 months to live. Has any one any advice please. I’m 63. 

• Mts D,

Sorry to hear your diagnosis. Life can be so harsh sometimes. 
    There are lots of people on the community to talk to, and talking will really help.

it’s a lot to take in. 

There is no right or wrong way to react and deal with this, but deal with it you will, I’m sure.

I have moved from being relatively healthy to Stage 4 lung cancer. Which has moved all around other parts of my body in the space of a few weeks. I asked how long I had left and was told not years, but not weeks either. 

I think about that a lot but do you know what, it’s only a statistical  best guess. There are people on here that were given less than 6 months and are still here a number of years later. 

Take care guys,

Rameses. 

• Hiya Mrs D sorry to hear your bad news. I've got SCLC and I was told I've got possibly 1yr to live or maybe 5 years with treatment. I am a fit 69 year old still doing the things I like to do. I found it very hard to come to terms but in the end you just have to get on with life. I know its hard but nobody can really tell you how long you have got left in this world. Stay positive be strong and do all the things that you want to do. Rob