Secondary lung cancer

• 11 replies
  • 144 subscribers

I'm a 77 year old male who in 2013 had submandibular salivary gland cancer , this was successfully removed and treated with radiotherapy only now to return as a secondary lung cancer.  I have a consultations with oncology on Wednesday 10th of November which is welcome but very worrying. At the moment pain free but breathless and fatigued, my family are all helping out and I don't know what i would do without them ,they are very supportive . Onwards and upwards we will see what the future brings . May I wish everyone on this forum the very best for the future and thank you all for allowing me to communicate with you .

• Thanks to everyone for your messages of encouragement they took me from a miserable mood this morning to one of hope and your support is invaluable. As advised I will take the next 6 wks to make the most of my time before treatment starts and before any side effects which may kick in. Once again I thank you all and wish you all the very best on your journey through this terrible disease.