Mom Stage 4 SCLC

• 2 replies
  • 143 subscribers

Hi All

I've joined this group as find it very comforting whilst trying to hold myself together as I am very close to my mom who has recently been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. it has spread to her liver & bones and she begins chemo next week. 

The consultant was very vague and would give a timescale when I asked and when I said are we talking years or months she just replied well not years.

Is anyone prepared to try and give me a likely timescale and also is there anyone that has taken cbd oil with good results whereby they have outlived the time they were given?

I must also state she is on blood thinners so would that be ok to take together?

• Hi Jojoinbrum and welcome to the group, but sorry to hear about your mum.  Unfortunately the only person who is able to answer the timescale question, is your mums oncologist. This could also depend on how well your mum responds to treatment. Everyone is different, but it is very positive that your mum has been offered chemo, as they would not offer it unless they thought there was a chance of prolonging life. 

I don't have any experience with cannabis oil, but there is an information page HERE which you might want to read.

It is very scary when a family member receives a cancer diagnoses, and the fear of what is ahead, but talking to others who are in a similar situation to yourself does help you through this difficult time. There are 3 different support forums on the community you can join.

Family and friends 

Carers only

supporting someone with incurable cancer group

You will find several people there who are going through a similar situation to yourself.  You can also call the Macmillan support helpline for support 7 days a week from 8am til 8pm on 0808 808 00 00 

I wish your mum all the very best for the start of her treatment next week.

Take care 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge