Hello

• 2 replies
  • 141 subscribers

Hi, New to this group (should have joined earlier), Suffered from severe COPD for years. was managing it ok then Covid hit and had to isolate for duration.  As you can imagine health took a dive and i was refered for a lung volume reduction, the initial scan highlighted two nodes one on either side and a course of SABAR ensued. waiting for a follow up scan in June/July. Sounds strait forward, no not really, Three days after her birthday my darling wife passed away unexpectedly this was in march. This has destroyed me emotionly and left me in a state of limbo. Thanks for allowing me to join this community.

• Hi Jockyboy and a very warm welcome to the group.

You have my sincere condolences for the loss of your wife. What an awful shock that must of been for you. It is hard enough when we lose a loved one, but when it is unexpected like your wife, the shock and grief must feel unbearable .  I hope you are getting support with this. If you need to talk to someone please call the Macmillan support line on 0808 808 00 00.  You could also contact CRUSE for bereavement support. 

I am also sorry to hear of your diagnoses. I have not heard of lung volume reduction before. I assume that was for the COPD?  I hope your next scan shows some good results for you from the SABR.  I have heard some positive stories from people who have had SABR before. Hopefully someone else will be along soon to share their experience with you.

Take care x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you, The lung volume reduction was for the COPD, Luckily i took up their offer and they found the nodes fairly early and the whole process went very quickly. I can`t thank the team at Derriford Hospital enough. Again thank you for other info.