Lung Cancer Advice Please

• 1 reply
  • 101 subscribers

Hello Again Everyone,

Having been diagnosed with incureable lung cancer in December 2023, and given a life expectancy of 6-9 months in early January 2024, I can now feel myself going downhill, slowly but surely. My chest pains are inconsistent and seem to be under some control with MST (30mg + 5mg being added in the evenings daily), Paracetamol and Lidocaine patches.

I am now finding that I am having more pains in the rear wall of my ribcage and I am wondering  if this related to the cancer or just a normal back pain - I am not sedentary but I can't manage much exercise due to breathlessness and fatigue.

Any advice or assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Bob

• Hi Bob, I am really sorry to hear you are struggling with pain. I wouldn’t know if this was related to the cancer, I think you should discuss this with someone in your medical team. 

Have you been in touch with your local hospice? Hospices are there to support people living with cancer, not just for end of life, and they may be able to assist you with gentle excercise that you can do in your chair. They can also support you with pain relief.

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge