Itchy Skin!

• 3 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Anyone got any tips to help with itchy skin? I have creams from doctors, I use all the right products to bathe etc .... 

It's 2.30am and I am sat with porridge oats on my arms trying to stop the itching, been going on for weeks now Cry

• Aveeno (blue one ) is a cream they make for babies with triple oats and shea butter on special at tescos at the moment OR Sudafed is antiseptic cream for eczema nappy rash and surface wounds all worThumbsupjust depends what is best for your skin There is also a cream the hospital prescribe but I will have to send you the name of that later as in bed at the moment. Sometime after showering I mix avernoThumbsupith any nice oil so I can put it all over quickly is particularly dry ,good luck hope you get some sleep Thumbsup

• Hi Kate0 , if you feel porridge oats are helping you should put them in a stocking and run water through them and then use water to bathe your arms , that is an old remedy ( so am I Smile)  used to take the itch out of chicken pox , where the water was run  through the oats  into the bath and bathe in it  , but if it's  only your arms then a basin would do , sometimes the old remedies are the best  .

Hope this is of help and rellieves the itchiness  x 

• Hi KateO

Just a thought; have you tried 'over the counter' antihistamines?   

I have  an autoimmune reaction brought on by the cancer, which on occasion in the evening sets of the nerves across my limbs.  I find that a one or two antihistamine tablets soon settles everything down.

Worth a try?

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011