HAPPY DAYS AHEAD

• 10 replies
  • 104 subscribers
  1. Wow. What can I say!!! I started my Lung Cancer journey last January [2023]. What a scary slope I was on. The waiting for diagnosis was horrible.  Not knowing what my end would be. I went through being told radiation would make me very very ill, my only choice was to have my right lung removed completely. I spent a few weeks thinking the worse things possible to be told by the surgeon he couldn't do it. He looked me in the eyes and right off the cuff he said " you won't make it. If I didn't loose you on the table  I would loose you in recovery." My only option was Radical radiation therapy. A few more weeks waiting, more stress for my family. I then saw a lovely consultant who  was  just brilliant.  Her first words to me where, "today I will see a lot of patients in the same situation as you, but you are the lucky one today". I began my radical radiation in September  and finished in October. Then the wait again for scans. Finally I saw my consultant on Friday 23rd 24. The night before I couldn't sleep and my tummy was on a boat by itself. Then the results we had waited for. "YOUR CANCER HAS GONE". I still have to have scans etc., but for now it's gone.  This thing can be beaten, sometimes. Never give up, never say never. To everyone just starting this journey, I wish you love and luck xx
  • Amazing well done super proud I mind when u came on site bubba, well done u a survivor x

• Thank you Bobbyjay1212 x

• Wow what a lovely brave story ClapClapIt’s wonderful to hear about people staying positive and winning well done you Star2Thanks for sharing 

• Thank you Kingston.

• Hi   wow that is wonderful news!  I am really pleased to hear you are doing so well! It must be amazing to hear you are now cancer free! Makes all the hard work of the treatment worth it.
    It really does help the newbies joining the group to hear such inspirational stories, as you say it  is so scary and uncertain at the start, and is hard to see a clear way ahead. So thank you for taking the time to share your story x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • That is brilliant news and gives hope to everyone else suffering from this disease.

• How wonderful, that is lovely news.  I will be getting my first follow up CT in the middle of March to see the results of my treatment with radiotherapy.  I was diagnosed at the end of August 2023 and after various tests and biopsy etc. I began treatment in November and finishing ten days before Christmas.  I will be seeing my consultant on the 2nd April for the results.

Once again, so happy for you....it's a long haul for us all but worth it.

HeartHeart

• Your so right. It is a long haul, so much uncertainty but oh so worth it. Good luck with your scans and results. Will keep an eye out for your good news post Heart

• Thanks Chelle. Hope your ok and well x

• it is so good to hear such good news ,i had a lobectomy ,part of my lung removed in july 22 ,all my scans and xrays so far have come back clear ,which makes me happy ,but no one has yet said to me that my cancer is gone ,i am assuming it has ,as they now do not need to see me till July ,when i will have a full body scan ,hopefully that will be clear and i can feel as elated as you are ,what a lovely outcome for you after all that stress and worry