RATS

• 3 replies
  • 103 subscribers

How long did anyone have to stay jn hospital after have a lung lobe removed by RATS

• Hi  

I can't help with your question, as I'm not a member of this forum, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm sure some of the forum members will be along soon to share their experiences of RATS with you.

All the best with your surgery 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there,

I had a Lobectomy with VATS (video assisted) rather than RATS although I believe they are similar “keyhole” type approaches.  Provided there are no complications for VATS the stay is around 4 days. It can be shorter, they do like you up and about as soon as possible after the op.

All the best

• I had  vats but I think it depends on your situation It depends what the results are from your drain ,apparently that is what tells them how well your lung is doing .COPD also makes a difference .People who had COPD in my ward took longer to recover .There were also people who went home after 2 days so it does vary a lot and depends on the individual I think .i m not sure this helps you but it was just to say there is a lot of difference  with each person so try and get up as soon as you can so that your recovery is as quick as possible as this is the priority in there .Good luck and stay positive .