Mum - SCLC - New Chemo - Liver Mets proving difficult

• 4 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Hi All

My Mum, has SCLC and it had spread to her Liver.  Chemo, seemed to work first time round and shrunk it in the Lung, Lymph and spine.  The liver is the one that is posing the difficult one and continues to grow.  They had initially gave her 6 rounds of Chemo last year on first diagnosis. They decided this year to try again predominantly for the liver but this combination hasn't worked after 3 rounds and have decided to stop it as it is not working and the tumours on the liver are still growing.  They have now decided to try CAV.

Anyone experienced CAV. I'm afraid this will be her downfall as I haven't read anything good on it but she is determined to take it and fight the fight.

Thanks in Advance

13 months and counting xxx  

• Hi Toppy, I am sorry to hear about your mum. I don't have any personal experience with CAV, but I always think where there is treatment there is hope.

x

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • My husband has SCLC and had 6 cycles of CAV and apart from the initial dose, which was way too much for him and made him feel very poorly for over 2 weeks, he had very good results, apart from his initial area of his cancer, every other tumour has shrunk. We are currently 15 months in from initial diagnosis and will keep trying anything offered. My husband’s cancer had spread to his brain, stomach and other parts of his lung, he has had one type of chemo, followed by radiotherapy and then CAV. Wish your mum all the best.

• Thanks Kemck, Sorry to hear about your husband, its awful. Mum has already have 9 rounds of Carboplatin and etoposide but this has stopped working so they have gave her CAV as 2nd line Chemo but was really poorly on this, in so much pain all over.  She gets her 2nd of CAV on Wed, hopefully she will not be as bad this time.

Love to you and your Husband xx