Freedom day

• 9 replies
  • 106 subscribers

Just wondering how most people in our situation (albeit all slightly different) are feeling about freedom day?

I feel my girls who’ve been incredibly supportive throughout this are now feeling that I’m being a little neurotic about it all and just need to take precautions and get on with life. 
the thing that worried me a lot is seeing them and my granddaughters and the girls are all working and their husbands too, one who’s a fireman and sleeps with several others on night duty for example.

maybe I am being neurotic. I just feel more vulnerable than I have for a while and is it that with a lung condition we are that much more vulnerable? So many questions 

• I think you are wise to be cautious Nel.  I have heard today of 2 people I know that have tested positive with covid, and numerous others that are isolating after coming into contact with someone who has it. 

The vulnerable like us are still being urged to be careful, not to mix in large groups etc. You have to do what you are comfortable with.  

I am still seeing family, but only outside, still not hugging ( I don’t have grandchildren though, I don’t think I could not hug my grandchild if I had one) 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Yes the little ones are the hardest especially my 8 year old who always wants a hug but I can’t as children seem to be super spreaders now!

do you still hear from the lady who lives in Australia who was on the lung chatty thread? 

• You mean 

No I’ve not heard from her for a while. There are a few that have gone quiet.  I think the combination of the site changes, us losing Gina, and the impact of Covid that has effected people.  Every now and again someone re appears, like Maggie who just comes along once and a while to say hello, then she’s gone again. 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi

yes Lollie that’s her. One only hopes that no news is good news and I totally agree. With the site becoming more awkward to navigate it does make it harder and for sure Gina had a big input. Cruel is how it can too often be xx

• I'm still here but took an intentional break from cancer talk for a while.

Just had a scan and I'm still in remission from lymphoma.  It did show an apparent increase of 4 mm in the size of the lung nodule, though, do I'm back on the uncertainty roundabout.

The radiation oncologist wants the MDT to take a look at the scans.  They're not sure whether it's scar tissue or actual growth.  I will be informed of their opinion and recommended course of action next week.

I have a PFT this afternoon.  I hate that test so I'm grumpy.

We're currently in week 4 of a covid lockdown so that's not helping my mood either.

I hope everyone is pottering along.  I think of everyone often.

• Hi Lollie 

so good to hear from you and that generally news is good.

as you no doubt hear we no longer have lockdown but nobody is sure about the wisdom of that. Time will tell but must say the strategy does leave us vulnerable people a lot concerned and nervous. Certainly doesn’t feel like ‘freedom’ as they’re calling it.

im still making little cardigans for baby granddaughter who will be 12 months at end of this month! At one point I feared I wouldn’t be here to see her born. So grateful for medical advancements. I always said 12 months was as big as I would knit and I’m knitted out just about. I’ve decided to try crochet and with the help of ‘you tube’ am making a blanket.

I miss cuddling my two older granddaughters but have to be very careful as children are super spreaders here Weary

hooe your scan shows scar tissue however it will be managed whatever is the case.

lovely to hear from you.

• Hi Lolie, it is lovely to hear from you, but fully understand why you felt a need to take a break. It does get to us all from time to time, and a break is sometimes needed. 

That is very good news to hear that you are still in remission. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, that it is scar tissue that is showing on the lung. 

You have every right to feel grumpy because of the test. I am grumpy because of the heat at the moment. We are just not used to it here in the UK so when it hits it is a shock to the system. 

I think we will be in lockdown again soon. The cases I am hearing daily of people I know who have Covid is worrying. Far more than I have known about during this whole 18 months of this pandemic. It is very concerning. 

Please let us know how you get on next week, and good luck with the PFT this afternoon. x

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • I have a new grandson who I've hardly seen since he was born in January.  I really need to get knitting while the weather is still cold.

My PFT results were better today than the ones I had done in January, which perplexed the respiratory technician because that's not supposed to be possible.  I guess I'll find out next week what my team thinks of that.

• Hi, I think we all need to be very careful and continue with masks and hand washing frequently.  I also have grandchildren and it is very hard not to hug them!  When I’m desperate for a hug I throw a large sheet over them give them a quick hug and then wash the sheet!! Joy