Chemotherapy

• 113 replies
  • 110 subscribers

Morning everyone, I’m up bright and early today ready for my second round of chemotherapy. Feel positive this week and I’m hoping that that continues. Wish me luck please

Blush 

• Sorry I'm butting into your conversation here Mags but I too live on my own and my thoughts are sometimes really dreadful.  I call the my black days or demon days.  I try and think positively and then go for a walk or try to think of something else.  Doesn't always work but occasionally it does.  I find this forum helpful too - if it's just to get something off your chest.

message me if you ever need to talk.

Take care and stay strong Slight smile

• You’re certainly not butting in its lovely to feel there are people to talk to.  I too have had some really dark days but walking is good therapy as you say.

yes this forum has helped me as I feel sometimes I’m in unknown territory if that makes sense.

Take care yourself and thank you for your kind words xx

• Hi donste

it certainly is good to talk even if what you’re saying makes no sense half the time Blush and talking to others is great. 
    you take care too and Happy Friday

xx

• Morning. How did your second round of chemo go ? Any side effects ? I’m having my second biopsy tomorrow then have to wait on the results . The waiting is awful feels like all I do is wait at the moment !,

Hope you ar ok

magsx

• Hi Nicole

how is your mum doing after her second treatment?  Just to let you know I’m thinking of you.

Im having my second biopsy tomorrow so will have to wait for the results before they make a final decision on my treatment 

if nothing new will have the original treatment they came up with.

Take care of yourself and your mum love Mags xx

• Hi donste

it followed exactly the same pattern as the first. For 4 days after I felt groggy but not ill if you know what I mean, and then the week after that I gradually get better. This week I’m back to normal.

I hate waiting!!! It’s the worst thing of this whole experience isn’t it? I’ve struggled with my mental health since being diagnosed and know that the hanging around for results whilst your mind is in turmoil is dreadful. 
    im keeping my fingers crossed that your results are back soon!!

x

• Hi Mags x

How are you feeling, this waiting is horrific isn’t it, I remember it oh to well, but once u get results and a treatment plan you will Kind of go with the flow, I’m the type of person who likes to know everything  I’m a bit controlling , and I over think 24/7, 

my mum had her second treatment on Wednesday last week, she was on for 2 days , Friday I went and Saturday before work, and she was ok Friday Saturday she was exhausted so I only stayed a little while. And left about 2ish, sunday all mum has done today is sleep, I face time mum this morning before taking my daughter to school she been up since 4:30, so she is tierd and said she is going to nap, she has a ct scan this afternoon, because of that infection she had, but they usually do scans after 3rd treatment, I’m so tierd my mum said not to go today, but i feel bad for not going,  I feel every bit of time i spend with my mum now is more precious than ever, 

so when they do your biopsy , they will probably take 10 days for results, they will test your biopsy for specific genes/ mutations / and hopefully they will Put treatment on them and see how they respond, and then they can give u specific treatment plan, 

i kno this is so hard all the waiting , but message me when ever u want I will always reply x 

I hope the biopsy goes aswel As it can xxxx big hugs to u xxxx 

Nicole xx

• Hi Nicole

just had a message to say I’d denied your friend request which is wrong as I was actually trying to get you as ca friend but not being a techie I must have done something wrong. How do I make you my friend.  .? Help ! I’m so sorry xx

• Hiya x

ive just logged on it’s ok I kno what these websites are like ,  let me kno if it allowed me as a friend xx

• Seems to have worked not touching any buttons !! Thankyou xx