Our dear friend Gina

• 23 replies
  • 122 subscribers

It is with a very heavy heart tonight, that I have to say the words I never wanted to say. Unfortunately our dear friend Gina, passed away this morning, at the hospice, with her family by her side. What a brave, caring, funny and wonderful friend.  I promise I shall continue to fill the lifeboat with newbies as they arrive. I’m only sorry they will never get to meet the wonderful you. God bless.

• Have just popped into the group, as been a way for a while.

I cannot believe what i have just read. I did not know that Gina was poorly, this was a shock.

She helped so many on here and always made you fill welcome when a newbie.

It is with a heavy heart that i had to reply, on reading this news.

You Never Walk a Lone, your Foot Print, lasts for ever.

Elliexx

• God bless you, dear Gina.  The most inspiring, brave young woman who has touched all our hearts..  This is the saddest of news. Gina, you will stay in my thoughts always. Thank you, Chelle, for letting us know. 

• I am saddened to hear about Gina, she was such a wonderful soul, we kept in contact via messages outside the community and she shared a few really funny and partly embarrassing tales from her time in the hospice, i am sure for her it must of been embarrassing but her humorous nature and the way she tells you, you would be  laughing out loud, you couldn’t help but giggle. I remember Gina for her humorous nature and incredibly inspiring young lady, who’s bravery and compassion right till the end is humbling. i am glad that she was at least with her family when she passed away, i send my love and condolences to her family, both her family here in the community and her family at home in jersey. She spoke so highly of all her friends here in the lung group so I send my loving prayers and condolences to you all. 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• So very sorry to see this. Gina was an inspiration to us all, always taking time to welcome newbies and give great advice right till the end-such a brave girl! 
    Sleep tight Gina. Heart

• I bumped into Gina occasionally on the incurables group and always enjoyed our meetings.  She was supportive, funny and wise beyond her years.  I'm so sorry to hear this news.  bless you Gina,,

Gragon x

• I am so very sad to hear about Gina. She did give so much to so many. She was a pivotal figure on the lung chatty thread that she herself set up and always was there for anyone new who needed help in the lung cancer forum. Her advice was well researched and balanced. She is a loss to many and I’m glad her family were with her to the end. Thank you Gina for all you’ve done. Bless you 

• Oh no Gina! I shall miss you so much. Thank you for all the messages you sent me and for all the support you gave me. Your kindness will stay with me for the rest of my life. Sleep tight and God bless! X

• Oh my this is so sad... I thought I hadn't seen any posts from her for a while. God bless Gina, you are safe and free from pain I hope 

Debs0768
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh god, I've been awol for a bit and just read this news of Gina, she was my first friend on this site, the 1st to reach out to me and reassure me that we were a Hardy wee gang. Gina always had pearls of wisdom, advice and just the loveliest soul. I am so sorry for all of you that knew her so well. She is a huge loss to the community. Prayers she is dancing in heaven with the angels. God bless her beautiful heart. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Such sad news ....My thoughts are with her Family God Bless Gina⚘