Referred for initial xray terrified.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 101 subscribers

Hi all Im 53 year old woman and have been suffering from a dry cough for about three years now.After the first year I went to the Drs and was referred for an endoscopy.They found some irritation and I have been on omrazepole for about two years for the cough but it hasnt gone away. I recently fell which resulted in a sprained wrist.This has now healed,I think but just recently when I cough my shoulder really hurts.Infact it hurts constantly.My GP has now referred me for an xray and says I should have had one long before now.I have had chest complaints as a child (bronchitis) and although I dont smoke I have been around adults who smoke all of my childhood. I am really worried and hoping its a muscular problem but I have a tightness in my throat and have felt my throat was tightening for some time now...Has any one had anything similiar.Please dont be afraid of frightening me.Im  a knowledge is power person - thanks.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Danni88

Thank you so much for your kind words..Am so pleased to hear that your scan result was good overall,must be such a relief for you! Im very sorry to hear about your brother in laws Cancer. Gosh it affects so many people doesnt it? Hugs to you both and prayers for a speedy recovery xxx

I have had my own Chest X Ray now and so am settling in for the wait.I still have arm,shoulder pain as well as pains in my back now along with the cough.So as you can imagine I will be on tenterhooks until I hear some thing...I have some good news,I think?? We have received an offer on our home so it looks like we will be moving soon! It will be a renovation project though, with at least 6 months in a caravan,hopefully to be in my Christmas.Even more reason to hope the scan is clear lol.

Just to say, have been reading some of the posts here and I can honestly say I am 'so' full of admiration for the people going through treatment as well  for all of you here who provide such love and support.I am proud to be a fellow member.Thank you for having me xx

• Hi . natashas. Am glad you have had your Xray though waiting for the results can be a pain. I didn't have a cough before I was diagnosed and it was only because I had pneumonia that they found I had cancer although it had shown up on an Xray 2 years previously! I had a terrible cough with the pneumonia and that was when the upper arm and shoulder pain started and it went after they took out the top lobe but started up again a few weeks  ago. The last few days have been really painful as I also have Fibromyalgia but we all push through don't we?!

I really hope you can steam ahead now with the sale of your house. You are going to be shattered with packing up and moving! My husband has just ripped out our kitchen and that is bad enough! Good luck with your renovation project. Have you got hot water bottles? That seems a random question but I find it helps with back pain! I will keep everything crossed for your scan results and please let us know how that  goes and please try not to fall apart and think the worst if you get a positive diagnosis because there is so much they can do these days...just look at the people here who are incredible and you have us to talk to now.

Take care everybody. Love to all. Going with a friend to get food shopping. Oh joy!

Love xxx

Danni 88