recently diagnosed

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 29 replies
  • 104 subscribers

Just been diagnosed with lung cancer spread to brain and lymph glands in kidney and liver,Got to go back to hospital on tuesday for biopsy results and treatment plan.Just feel so desperate and worried and feel wots the point after looking on the computer.just hope i can keep going long enough for further new therapies.Sorry to be such a downer i just cant help it at the moment.anybody feel the same

• I started on chemo and could not tolerate it..it was not working either....so for 8 months I was not really getting any treatment for my stage 4 terminal cancer that gave me only 3 months to live.....NSCLC is more slow growing than SCLC so do not worry too much...after the 8 months of what was really no treatment..they said I would probably live another couple of weeks...no way thinks I and I told them so....I then got onto immunotherapy and not looked back since...I trusted in God and thought I can do nothing about this....what will be will be......I just believed I would be okay....and for now I am so...send out your love to the universe and ask for healing... .keep positive and think only positive thoughts...wait to see if you can have immunotherapy and if I knew what I know now I would not have had the sessions of chemo at all...I would have gladly waited if I had been given the choice...so they do know what they are doing in asking you to wait.....the drug immunotherapy often works better if you have not weakened your body with chemo..so good luck my prayers are with you....

lettuce
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to lettuce7

Thankyou lettuce7.Have to trust they know what they are doing.Trying to be positive and they told me to be active so im off to the zoo today with my children.Gonna enjoy everyday i have left really.Who know may have loads more years.Can i ask you when you had immunotherapy does it shrink the tumour at all.I am so pleased how well youre doing and you have helped me beyond beeeeeeeelief really.Thankyou

• Hi Chooch318, After my first scan they said 2 areas looked larger..which it often does because the drug swells the cells at first so do not worry if it looks as if it has grown on the first scan...although on my first scan 2 areas had slightly shrunk...on second scan 2 areas stable and 2 shrunk again....third scan coming up...always a bit scary......hopefully you will notice that the world suddenly becomes much more beautiful and just enjoy it and live each day ...I think that is why I feel so happy because I never really got chance to appreciate life I was just too busy juggling it all..work ...children house partner etc etc....I feel as if I have finally got off the merry go round and seeing life as precious... and it also makes me realise how unimportant a lot of stuff is and its silly to worry about and worse silly to argue about.....with all that out the way you can stop feeling guilty about looking after you and doing just what you want....I have never really been close to family because I have always worked hard and not had time.... but now I have the time I make the time...and its truly lovely to feel their support and love.... and my journey this last year has bought me to a place of great peace and insight to what really matters and for the first time I feel I am really living my life. It feels good.....keep us all informed how you go...my thoughts are with you x.

lettuce
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to lettuce7

I will keep you informed and i am not religious person at all but if i ever needed strenght it is now.Keep going lettuce7and hopefully be in touch shorthly with an action plan.

• Action plans are good chooch318, look forward to seeing it...

lettuce
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

been to the hospial today and i was suitable for immunothereapy.Really pleased.It starts in about 2 weeks.Very hopeful for the treatment

Are you still well i really hope so.Trying tomorrow to build myself up.I need to start walking again.Please keep in touch

• My brother in law had same reaction to chemo but lost the use of his legs from weakness

• Hi ilonna, hope you brother in law can have immunotherapy..it really helped me with being given 3 months to live in March 2017 as you see I am still here....and every day has been a joy. I know it does not always work for everyone but it is worth a try. I really hated Chemo it made me feel like a zombie...could not eat...could not watch tv or read just drifted in and out of awake/sleep...I have not had any treatment for over 3 years and at last scan still stable ...God is good.

lettuce
  • Thank you so much for the hope, god is great cx

• I was half dead when I finally went onto pembrolizimab (immunotherapy....I was so weak too that my legs would not hold me up....but after just a week on treatment I knew it was working because the pain in my back was not as bad...and day by day I managed to keep eating bits and with each bit of food I got a bit stronger and was able to walk a few paces...then after about 3 months I was able to potter about again. It is so hard to explain how Chemo makes you feel....Hope is so important as is a positive attitude....keep in touch and let me know how he gets on. Sending you some positive thoughts healing and energy...x  

lettuce