New Diagnosis

• 3 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi All

I must say I am feeling a bit of a fraud when I read some of your posts.

I had a CT scan with dye today and have been told I have a T1 tumour in my lung, and pleural calcification.

I have had absolutely no symptoms and have gained 22lbs in six months.

I wondered how they know it's cancer with no biopsy?

I am waiting another scan to check if it has spread and an appointment with a consultant for treatment options.

Does anyone know what I can expect?

Thanks

John

• No idea ,I have been through PET scan they said its positive ,highly suspecious and then biopsy to confirm I have T1b lung adenocarcinoma, Im no symptom as well ,if earlier lung cancer ,normally you dont feel anything. 

• Hi  they can normally tell from a Ct that it is cancer, but a biopsy is usually necessary to determine what type of lung cancer it is. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hello John, I had two xrays  to make sure it was not just infection, followed by CT with contrast, then a pet scan. Following which I agreed to have a biopsy which confirmed adenocarcinoma of the lung, following this I was given radiotherapy to one lung . Have a CT scan on Saturday to see if they will proceed to operate or what . With a further oncology appointment on October 7th to decide what next. So basically for the first few months its mainly tests and deciding whats best for you.There are so many possible treatments to control cancer and others that cure it , so all options should be considered by yourself. John my decision is not so easy as I had four suspicious areas. I think yours may have been caught early from what you say.So every best wish for a good outcome of treatment even if it might be a bit wearing while you have it.