Dads stage 4

• 2 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi everyone, 

So nearly 4 weeks after my dads biopsy we finally spoke to oncology today and they said it’s stage 4 lung cancer the treatment won’t be curative but he spoke positively about prolonging life so he’s having chemo and immunotherapy every 3 weeks for 3 months the drugs are called atezolizumab, bevacizumab, paclitaxel and carboplatin. I was just wondering if anyone has had these drugs and if anyone can tell me what side effects they had? I think right now I’m in shock and just coming to terms with everything. If anyone can let me know I would appreciate it. Thank you 

• Hello zee91

If you tap on my avatar you will be able to read my story so far. I am on the exact same treatment plan with the same drugs. I'm happy to chat if you have questions. It's not easy but it is doable I'm 2 years in now and I'm stable with stage 4.

Have a good day please message me if you want to chat 

Donna

• Hi Donna,

Thank you so much for your response I will drop you a message if that’s okay, I’m actually so grateful you found me as you’re on the exact same plan as my dad I read your story and I’m so glad you’re doing well and hopefully it stays that way. Take care 

Best wishes

Ozlem