Waiting for ct results

• 3 replies
  • 69 subscribers

I had a ct scan last Thursday after a 3cm nodule was found on an xray.

Respiratory have rang this afternoon with an appointment to see consultant for 28th March they advised that's the soonest they have. They would not tell me anything over the phone.

My family are pushing my buttons saying see nothing wrong etc. I'm more on the side the NHS is struggling and I cannot relax until I have answers.

Is a long wait standard now a days? I'm North Norfolk if that helps

Thanks Katy

• Hi, unfortunatly long waits are now part and parcel of the NHS service no matter were you live. You could ask to be put on the cancellation list i always do that, you never know when someone may cancel it has worked for me. They dont tell you over the phone its all said in the office. We all understand what its like the waiting is the worse part, it might not seem like it but it will soon roll round and you will know whats happening next. All the best

• Hi Katy

It is usual in these circumstances for CT scan results to take a couple of weeks.  The radiology dept will forensically exam every detail and then submit an equally detailed report to the Oncology team.  The  Oncology Team will then discuss the report to determine the next course of action, if any. 

All this takes time, so a  consultation date of 28 March seems quite reasonable.

I wish you the best possible outcomes from the CT scan.

Kegsy x.  

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • Thank you both so much. 

This is a scary path to walk and very unexpected at the age of 40 it was my first bloodt test not rrelated to pregnancy and my first ever cannula. This mummy is never ill 

I'm very much on f*ck it mode right now so me and my 3 kids are off to Butlins Monday x