Can't sleep

• 6 replies
  • 67 subscribers
  • On atezolizumab  imunatherpy  and started getting  night  sweats    first it was   only  once every two weeks   then two nights   now  they are lasting    4  and five nights      had tests but no news yet   only that my results are within  normal ranges   anybody  else having  them   any advice only getting   3 or 4 hour sleep a night .can't  sleep  still    I can go to sleep  but as soon as I open my eyes   thats  it  I have to get up its  doing  me in  don't know what  to do  advice  please
  • Shazzer this reply is blank could you resend 

My name is Roy    65 years old  

• Hi Roy, lack of sleep is awful, and can not only affect your daily function, but can have a serious effect on your mood. Although I haven’t had the same treatment as you, my treatment does give me hot flushes and night sweats. The only way I could get a decent night sleep was being prescribed a sleeping aid by the GP so I was sleeping through the night sweat. 

There are lots of ways to try and help this without going down the medication route. Avoid hot drinks or alcohol at night, avoid a hot bath before bed. Keep the bedroom cool and I have a fan next to my bed. You can also buy cool pillows, and sleeping mats, which you may find to cold when you first get into bed, but do cool you down quickly. 

I hope you get a good night sleep soon. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Roy. Chronic insomnia for months but not due to night sweats. Having had my internal thermostat buggered by the menopause though, I very much sympathise. I found it often helped to wear a t-shirt to bed and leave half an arm and half a leg hanging out. That seemed to help minimise the sudden unbearable heat and sweats. I always used to sleep in nothing but that meant I was cooling and then heating too rapidly with the duvet being on and off all night. I also found having a few damp face flannels by the bed to wipe myself down a bit helped.  Hope it eases soon.

• Thank  you I will try it

• Thank you