Help with day to day management of pain and symptoms

• 2 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and looking for some advice, please. My dad's prostate cancer has spread to his lungs (and bones) and he is struggling with the day to day management of the various aspects of the disease. He will not be having further treatment such as chemo and has been told to take some paracetamol. Pain killers make him nauseous, plus I believe there must be more options available to him. He will be seeing his consultant next week but any advice for helping to make him comfortable based on the experience of this group would be very welcome. He is in a lot of pain and I have noticed coughing more frequently.

Thanks for any guidance and wishing everyone out there the very best. 

• I dont have your dads type of cancer but there are lots of differeny painkillers available. If the GP can not offer any help on this you could phone his oncologist secretay and ask them to contact his oncologist  and ask what they think he should have and needs. His consultant should be able to recommend the right stuff, but i would be in touch with your GP tomorrow and ask what can be done to make him more comfortable. There are morphine patches and liquid that might help. Dont give up or be put off. all the best 

• Thank you so much for your reply and advice, it's very much appreciated. Wishing you all the best.