Night sweating

• 5 replies
  • 69 subscribers
  • On atezolizumab  imunatherpy  and started getting  night  sweats    first it was   only  once every two weeks   then two nights   now  they are lasting    4  and five nights      had tests but no news yet   only that my results are within  normal ranges   anybody  else having  them   any advice only getting   3 or 4 hour sleep a night
  • Hi, I am on Durvalumab and have the sweats on and off all day, every day. I am not sleeping either. I have mentioned it to my immunotherapy nurse, she said just make sure you drink plenty 

• Hi Alwayslate, I know what this is like, it is awful. My treatment is different to yours, but it does cause hot flushes and night sweats. There are a few things I do to try and help at night. Firstly try and keep the bedroom cool. I have no heating on in our room, I also keep a fan next to my side of the bed, and yes I have been using it even though it is freezing outside. No hot drinks or alcohol in the evening, and no hot baths before bed. You can also buy cooling pillows and cool mats to put in the bed. 

I hope it eases soon for you and you can start getting a decent nights sleep. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank  chellisimo  it has disappeared  the last 2 days but I know it will  come back  I have had it about 12 times  up to now and it it always  comes back   I'm trying to find out what  is  is as I  will  cope better  if I know what's causing it

My name is Roy    65 years old  

• Thank  you

My name is Roy    65 years old  

• My husband is going through the same thing at the moment. He is having weekly chemo and daily radiotherapy. I have spoken to others at the hospital and some have said they have the same symptoms, so am assuming it is another side effect of the treatment.  Its not pleasant at all though.  Hopefully it will stop once treatment is over.