Waiting on CT results

• 2 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hi, 

I'm just wondering if anyone can shed any light on something for me? My dad had really bad pneumonia a couple of years ago and was very sick in hospital. He'd ti get so much fluid drained from his lungs. At the time, they found a small nodule on one of his lungs but weren't concerned about it at the time. They did however say he'd need to have annual scans to make sure things didn't become sinister. Oh, he's a smoker as well l, is 63 and probably has been smoking since he was 16. 

he went for a scan in May and got a letter a few weeks later to say the nodule had grown in size and Given he was a previous smoker (he told the consultant he'd given up), they'd need to bring him back in 8 weeks time for a further scan. He went for the scan mid July ajd they told him 1-2 weeks for the results. He also had to go to the GP for bloods 2 days before the CT scan. We were all so stressed waiting on the but weee thinking if it was anything to worry about then they'd have rang or he'd have got a letter fairly quickly. The letter came today and it's from the respitory dept, stating he has an over the phone appointment with his consultant on the E 13th September. I'm taking from this that our biggest fear isn't in fact the reality. Woukd they leave his appointment till 2 months after the CT scan for an over the phone appointment if it was bad news? 

worringly he is now actually complaining about a Pain in his lung. Is this nodule what's known as stage 0 ajd is it something that will eventually get bigger ajd become cancerous if it isn't already? 

• Ive had so many tests in the last month and I know these things take time, but its so orrying when you just want to nknow......my appointment is 6th september....nearly 2 months after i started the tests its terrifying.......keep it together...my mantra has to be ...no news is good news....or not so bad news x

• My first ct scan showed a nodule of 9mm after a pet scan it did not light up meaning it was not cancer they elected to watch and wait .i had 2 more scans 6 months apart .the second scan  us pet scan shosed it had grown .and they elected to have it removed .which on the 22nd of this month they removed the middle lobe of my right lung .your dad should have a lung nurse she should of given him a card .if you want to put all your minds at rest give her a ring and tell her your concerns .though i would say i wod think they would of acted quicker if it was sinister .my team had everything rolling in 2 weeks but not all teams are the same