Rash after 20 months of pembrolizumab

• 5 replies
  • 69 subscribers
  1. Hello All.

Has anyone with itchy rash from immunotherapy.  Things have been going well and I've suffered no side effects from pembrolizumab and  now 20 months into treatment I've developed an itchy rash.  I've been taking piriton.  Has anyone managed to calm it down with any creams etc? Any suggestions  please.

Holls

• Hi Holls

I got the itch quite late in my treatment with Pembrolazumab too but no rash. The cancer nurse organised a prescription for piriton and centraben emolient. The piriton I didn’t take but that’s just me being me and I didn’t use the cetraben either it was too thick and greasy. I did use Aveeno moisturisers and E45 moisturisers and listening to the other girls having treatment they were using Aveeno. There is I believe a cetraben moisturiser that I didn’t know about so didn’t use. As you’ve mentioned a rash you may need some advice on which to use if you’ve broken the skin, a pharmacist should be able to help with that. 

Hope you get it sorted it’s a pain and sometimes the only answer for me was a bloody good scratchJoy

Julie
  • Hi, my hubby got a rash early on in his treatment with Pembrolizumab and was put on steroids by his consultant as he said some patients had ended up in the burns unit if the rash got too bad do my advice is keep your team informed at every stage of something different happening as a result of treatment.  Hubby recovered from the rash and fingers xd it hasn't reappeared as yet but if it did I would be straight back on the phone to his team 

• Hello

Thanks Puriton, cream and some antibiotics to stop it getting infected seemed do the trick.

Hols

• Hi, it seems to have kick started pigmentation issues with me. Hyper in some areas and loss of pigment in other areas.   No itchy rashes yet.

The patchy skin doesnt bother me too much, on the really noticeable areas, such as my face i use dermablend.  

I see it as the immunotherapy doing its job and hopefully im having a good response (cancer wise),  Rashes or vitiligo, aren't nice, but they're better than the alternative!

Sorry I'm not more help.xx but sometimes it makes these ailments more bearable if we look at them in grand scheme of things?

Ps I'm in a glass half full mood lately. Can you tell? X 

• Keen to understand if anyone used anything specific I am one round into keytruda 3 weeks and one dose and I am covered head to toe in a rash that is only getting worse