New treatments

I have been on a clinical trial which seemed to be working at first but then after a second scan showed a new cancer area. It has not spread anywhere else. I have now been taken off the trials as it is not working . My oncologist feels that anti cancer treatments such as chemo might be too toxic for me. Although I am 83 I feel quite fit and able. I have atrial fibrillation and an underactive thyroid. I lead a healthy life and go dancing several times a week although I have not been able to do this for a while as the drugs made my feet and legs so swollen I could hardly walk. That is now getting better. I am back at Christie's next week to see if there are any alternatives. Anyone any ideas on what might be available. Thank you and good luck to all of you

• Hi Mgdockers, I am sorry to hear that the treatment you were on has now stopped. It is such a shame when the trial drugs stop working. I hope that there is another trial for you when you go to Christie’s next week.

On a more positive note, I hope the swelling on your feet continues to get better, so you can get back to your dancing again. 

Please let us know how you get on next week x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou