Adenocarcinoma Lung Cancer Stage 1A

• 6 replies
  • 70 subscribers

Hi, I’m only 44 and been diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Lung Cancer Stage 1A.  Has anybody have this same type of cancer as me.  I’m have lobectomy surgery on Wednesday.  

Will I need Chemotherapy or Radio therapy after this? 

what’s better Chemotherapy or Radio therapy? 

thanks 

• Hi Sweet, I have seen you have had lots of answers in your other post, I just wanted to add here that both radiotherapy and chemotherapy are both important cancer treatments. How treatment is decided is up to your oncologist, and everyone is looked at as an individual case. So no 2 peoples treatments are the same.  The oncologist will look at the type of cancer, the stage, as well as the patients general health. 

All the best for Wednesday. Let us know how you get on x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi sweet,

I was diagnosed with stage 4 adenocarcinoma in November 2020 aged 45 so i was young and worried, my cancer is in operable so I'm told even though its all in small areas like my lung , adrenal gland and lymph node all which technically can be removed and i survive with whats left its a case of getting a doctor willing to cut it all out.

I was put on saron trial i have immunotherapy for two years but had a break after month two for radiotherapy and my body coped well with it and its only now i am starting to have some side effects from the immunotherapy pembrolizumab but again fairly mild . Good luck Wednesday keep us posted and most of all keep positive. 

• Hi everyone 

How are everyone doing?  Sorry not been in touch for a while but I’m recovering really well from the surgery even though I ended up with 3 chest infections and pulmonary embolism (blood clot).  I struggle to breathe at times but doctors are testing Asthma med via nebuliser.  Now after having surgery in December to remove middle lobe and nodule and January to remove the other two lobes now doctors think my cancer wasn’t fully removed or it’s back already.  Has anybody else had cancer coming back so soon?

• Hi,

I had a lower right lobectomy in March I've had x4 rounds of chemo which I really struggled with. I've just had my repeat ct scan and told today that they don't think it's all gone. I've got stage 3 adenocarcinoma but they got my lymph nodes in surgery too. I've just turned 40. I'm keen to chat to young people in this position as I'm currently terrified.

Thanks 

• Hi Rochyroo 

I’m really sorry to hear what you’re going through and it’s completely justified to feel so alone.  Every time you think your in the clear then get told I may still have it is scary enough.  I’ve just turned 45 and my surgeon was shocked that it turned out to be cancer as I’m a non-smoker, no family history and young.  He said I’m the youngest patient his ever had, all the other patients that were having this surgery was in their 70s plus.  It just shows you never know at what age you are going to get what.  How are you managing? Silly question I know but do you have a good support network around you.  My family didn’t know what to say or do, I felt quite alone at times especially attending hospital appointments all alone due to covid restrictions.  As if it couldn’t get any worse.  

Have you attended any support groups that you’ve found that helped? 

I truly hope they clear you from cancer asap. My prayers are with you, god bless Pray tone2

• I had SBRT for my mass in October 2020 and about 6 months later my surveillance CT showed that it was growing again. 

It was deemed a recurrence even though the scarring caused by the radiotherapy meant it was impossible to know for sure whether that was really the case.  It wasn't until about a year later that I finally had a lobectomy.  At the end of the day it didn't really matter whether SBRT had failed or whether it was a recurrence.  What mattered was the next step.

The histology from the lobectomy showed clear margins and no spread to lymph nodes (pathological staging 1A, T1b) and a surveillance CT scan showed no evidence of disease.