Bowel Cancer spread to lungs

• 5 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi Everyone

I had a bowel cancer removed nearly 2 years ago . A recent follow up pet scan has found 3 very small areas in my lungs which I have been told by the oncologist is spread from the bowel so rated it stage 4 . I have been told to have chemo starting this month for 6 months.  Irinotcan (campto) and Capecitabine Tablets.

Anyone had this chemo and any advise please ? 

Regards Mark

• Hi Goodfellaok. Sorry to hear you are having to start chemo tablets due to lung mets. I haven't any experience of these tablets myself, so bumping your post so it doesn't get missed. Hopefully someone will come and chat with you soon and share their experience. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

Sorry to hear this. How are you doing now?

My mum has recently been diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer with liver and small volume lung mets. 

She is commencing chemo on Monday. 

Do you have any advice on your experience with chemo?

Thanks,

Kiki 

• Hi kiki

Sorry to hear about your mum.I have recently finished 12 weeks of chemo and had a good result with no spread and nodes in lungs have reduced in size.

Regards Mark

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Goodfellaok

Hey 

Thanks for your reply, il definitely look into that for mum. 

do you mind me asking what type of  chemo you had? 

thanks again really do appreciate the info from peoples lived experiences :) 

Kiki. X

• Hi Kiki

i think it was the standard chemo.Capetebein tablets for 9days after IV of folfox. Every 2 weeks.Not sure I have the correct spelling of that.

Regards Mark