Lung cancer

• 18 replies
  • 71 subscribers

I've been diagnosed with lung cancer stage 4 I'm waiting for biopsy results to see what treatment there is for me. Can anyone tell me how chemo affects you ?

• Hi muffin break, sorry I have just seen your post here, and answered you on another post.

Chemo effects people differently. You may be effected by tiredness and sickness. But you are watched very closely by your team, and they will give you anti sickness tablets to help with the side effects. Once you know which treatment you will have, there will be someone here to share their story with you I’m sure. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Will chemo stop me from doing activities as it makes you tired, as I'm am normally quite active 

• I haven't had chemo myself, maybe someone else in the group can answer this? 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi muffin break, sorry no one has come to share their experience with you yet.  

Are you still waiting on a treatment plan? If you do have chemo your oncologist will go through all the possible side effects. The thing to remember is everyone reacts differently to the treatment, so it will be hard to say how you will feel. it is good to try and stay active and to have a healthy diet whilst undergoing treatment. 

Hopefully someone else will be along soon to share their experience with you. 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi

im So sorry you have been diagnosed with LC, my mum was diagnosed in April with stage 4,  there’s a growth in her left lung , spotting in her rib/ and spotting on the adrenal gland, next week will be her 4th round of chemo and immunotherapy, day  3  after treatment my mum is tierd and spends one of the days sleeping all day , then the next 4 days after she is really tierd ,  but my mum still does everything on them days but in the morning,  day 10 after treatment she isolates for 5 days as your white blood cells are at there lowest , she has a thermometer to check temperature 3-4 times a day,  she has air con unit to keep her cool , as she gets hot flushes , 

my mum still cleans all her windrows / cleans the shower keep her house nice does all the garden / goes shopping ,  but when she tierd she knows to rest ,  but once chemo comes to an end immunotherapy will continue,  so hoping tierdness is only from the chemo, 

she has her nails painted and still has her hair ,

chemo is different for everyone, eat and drink plenty and try and do things to keep u active , 

I wish u all the best with your treatment 

Sending u hugs 

nicole xxx

• Thank you for sharing about your mum..I am a very active man and play walking football once a week and walk alot. So I'm hoping being quite fit is going to help me..Rob

• your very active which is great, and being fit is always a plus to anything we do in life,  You might get a couple days when your tierd,  but just listen to your body when it tells you to rest, 

You can ask me anything I have no problem answering, 

xx

• Hi Muffin break

Sorry you find yourself here but we welcome you. 

I have a blog showing my journey if you are interested. It is my own day by day experience as I went through concurrent chemo and radiotherapy (Chemoradiation). I think I still need to update the final week, see below

. Everyone will be affected differently so you may be affected in other ways or not. 

I have put  few tips in there too.. if you have any specific questions, let me know. 

Sally's Cancer Treatment Journey

Good luck on your journey. 

Sally