Fluid on lung

• 21 replies
  • 69 subscribers

My mums due to start chemo next week, unfortunately she got admitted with pleural effusion with a large amount of fluid on her bad lung they’ve said they’re waiting for Dr and ultrasound to see where it’s safe to start.. my question is.. will chemo go ahead or will this be pushed further back? 

• Oh not good, have they managed to remove the fluid, can you reschedule the Chemo or will the new scan determine that. Let me know how you go.  Thinking of you.  How are you managing to juggling everything.

Sending you a big hug xx

Terri

• Yes, or I’m under the illusion they have drained the fluid it took afew days as there was a big build up and they’ve sealed the pleura with sterile talc, I’m not too sure I need to ring someone tomorrow and they’re also ringing her for a consultation so maybe know more today Shrug tone3 x

• Its the not knowing and the waiting, hopefully you will get more information today, just ask all the questions that are floating in your head.  Keep me post on how she gets on.  Here if you need anything.

Sending you both hugs xx

• Hi Toppy

How are you and your mum getting on?
    After the lung drain things have gotten slightly better.. eating abit better got her some oral rinse that seems to be helping massively with the sore mouth/ulceration.. she’s unstable on her feet and scared of walking alone incase she falls! BUT she’s seen her team today and they’ve said that could possibly be a treatment side effect and tonight she’s said that the tumour that was visible on her hip has shrunk considerably she can see & feel that it has gotten smaller.. so I’m hoping this is a small win for her!! She needs some good news x

• Hi lovely,  Some good news that she is getting somewhere - She needs a boost for sure.

Mums just about to start her 2nd round of Chemo this week, just about to take her for her bloods - fingers crossed.  She is look really tired but just keeps saying she's fine.  She got her Radiotherapy last week and this has caused her hair to fall out.  This is my Mums pride as she has the thickest hair I have ever seen.  We will get there one day at a time.  Dad has got Pneumonia just now so he was poorly last week, so Mum has had him to look after as well as herself, I go up to do some stuff but mostly listen to their gripes. Don't know what else to do tbh!!.  She has a scan on the 24th Aug to see if Chemo and Radiotherapy are working.

Keep me posted about your Mum huny, hope she gets the news she wants.

Send love and hugs xx

• How is she getting on with the chemo? Has it? That’s such a shame :( my mums radiotherapy made her mouth really sore ulcerated and burnt difflam Oral rinse has been a god send for that 

Chemo starts today but she’s not in the best of shapes I think she’s getting very low in mood now she’s on her own aswell which probably isn’t great either just want it to go away now and for her to feel better and look more like mum again x

• Glad you Mum is getting Chemo today, I pray for it to be successful for her.  Keep me posted.

My Mum is only getting the one Radiotherapy, so hopefully shouldn't be as aggressive.  Her eyes look really vacant though. Not sure if it's just my imagination.  Her cancer is never going away so just taking it one day at a time, loving and supporting them

All my love to you both, fingers all crossed for you both xx

• Got the devastating news that they’ve cancelled my mums treatments apparently the chemo would be too harsh for her as she’s too weak to take it.. and that’s it 2/3m max x

• OH NO.... how can this be, poor soul, How is your Mum coping and just as important, how are you.xx