Mum diagnosed with bowel cancer and liver mets absolutely shocked

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

My mum is 73 and is a brain injury survivor. She suffers with hydrocephalus and epilepsy.

She's just been diagnosed with bowel cancer and significant spread to the liver.

She's having palliative care now as chemo not advised by the MDT.

We are so shocked

The doctor can't give us any idea on timescales. I just want to spend as much quality time with mum as I can.

She's currently in a nursing home where she can stay rather than moving to a hospice

Looking for support and advice 

Thank you 

• Hi Xena1

I'm afraid I can't give you any advice but can offer solidarity and a virtual hug. My mum is 71 and has the same condition. She had bowel cancer diagnosed in 2020 and treated during COVID. Everything appeared good until a month or so ago when cancer markers returned and she had cough that wouldn't go away that made her sick. 

CT scan showed she had liver cancer. It seems very aggressive and now we're not sure she'll come out of hospital. I just came to see whether anyone had advice on getting her out of hospital as she's miserable and getting worse every day. 

• Hi periwinkle2

Its truly heartbreaking isn't it. Thanks for the reply. A virtual hug back for you too