Avastin Targetted Treatment

• 2 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hi

My husband has stage 4 bowel cancer that spread to his liver and now to his stomach. His Oncologist has said he could have Avastin alongside another NHS type of chemotherapy but he would need to fund himself for the Avastin. We are prepared to do this but need to know who to approach to get the Avastin administered to him.  I have been in contact with Lloyds Pharmacy Homecare who apparently do offer it but seem to be stuck in the middle waiting for the Oncologist to send the referral form to them and then when they get it, they need to see if they have the capacity to administer it. Time is not on our side.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do.  Anything would be welcome .

kindest regards 

Lorraine 

• Hello Lorraine

I have just read your post and am sorry to find you have not received any replies from the Community. It's an issue I haven't come across before however by me replying this will "bump" your post to the top of the forum and I hope you receive some replies.

Two suggestions I have are:

* Why not repost your question in our Ask a Nurse section. You can do this by clicking on the link I have provided.

* To get a quicker answer give our helpline a call on 0808 808 00 00 - the wonderful people there may well be able to speed this process up for you.

i hope this helps - if I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

I wish your husband well in his treatment.

Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• did you manage to get it administered? could you advise how to get it prescribed and administered and how much it costs? I am looking for this medicine for my husband and worried about the costs