Treatment ended

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Been a while since posted on here. 
Mum was told yesterday they could offer no further treatment, liver cancer has spread to far, a dose of steroids has been prescribed, next appointment made for 4 weeks.

As imagine, I failed to ask numerous questions whilst at hospital, suppose was the numbness kicking in and realisation I needed to update the immediate family with the news.

Can you offer any guidance? Where we go from here, what to expect? 

• Hi

I'm really sorry to read that you and your mum have just found out that there is no further treatment they can offer her. I cannot begin to imagine how you both must be feeling.

I can't help with what to expect next, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll hopefully be seen by someone with the right experience.

As I can see from your profile that your mum has secondary breast cancer, you might also like to join and post in that group as it's a more active one than this one. If this is something that you think might help, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can then join and post in the same way as you do here.

Sending a supportive (((hug)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"