Surprise outcome

• 3 replies
  • 16 subscribers

I was diagnosed with a sigmoid colon tumour last July.I had  a colon resection in Sept . They initially picked up 6 local lymph nodes and subsequent blood tests showed high CEA levels. I was scanned which resulted in discovering a small tumour on my liver. I was put on 12 cycles (  6 months ) of Folfox . Interim scans showed good  shrinkage and final scans after treatment showed I was cancer free.I was off treatment and latest scans last month also were clear.They will continue to scan me regularly but I am surprised that chemo alone has such a successful outcome.Are there other people on this forum who have had a similar outcome?? 

Macc

• Well done  you are like my mum a super responder . I don’t think many people Get that level of response but it is good news going forward .

I think my mum still had one small dot left on her pet scan but the oncologist was chuffed to bits .

Are you just going to scan you ? I think there is a very small group of patients that get a complete clinical response to chemo but it’s only a few lucky people . My mum did not quite make it there but we were still chuffed to bits .

It is incredible the response some people get . Congratulations, you must be delighted .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hello Mac lovely news, so pleased for you xx

• That’s such fantastic news Macc!