Hi I’m 64 yr old farmer and just found out I have 5cm lesion on my liver mri says malignant and one further up the spine

• 6 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Through a normal blood test the liver function high and bilirubin high, paid for ultrasound found lesion, paid for mri and found 5cm malignant lesion on liver and one on my spine , ct scan on Friday picked up mass on liver but not on spine. Waiting for next round which will be biopsy on liver ,will be discussed Thursday but have a really bad pain in right side. My pancreas is clear and ct scan shows no more . I am worried sick, I’ve been told I won’t work by gp and I’m self employed small farmer. I find it hard to talk , easy to type, but it seems on here no good news, is there anyone living with liver cancer for a while or just not ?

• Hi there, I was diagnosed with stage 4 bile duct and spots on my liver cancer so yes I'm same as you, I've declined chemo as really prefer quality over quantity as it might halt it for a little while or might not also side effects yuck, so I'm living every day and enjoying it, have u close family Heart as that's important whilst u are going through this shit xx️

• Hi Muff, I would have answered you before now but I try not to use the website too often as it contains so much doom and gloom. I was diagnosed with incurable Liver Cancer just over a year ago and within 4 weeks after a multitude of scans, biopsies etc. I started on Immunotherapy treatment and am now 14 cycles in which is fantastic as I have very few side effects which I can live with. I have a pain in my side but mine is on the LHS which is contrary to what I should be having. Diverticulosis has been ruled out so now everybody is mystified. My point is whilst the outlook for me is not great I decided to live the life I can and that means talking, crying and anger come with it but it is so worth the relief you can feel once you have opened up. I really do wish ou all the very best for your future and would love to hear from you as things go on.  Thank you Jackie

• Hello 

I'm Jackie will be 66 soon I have primary liver cancer.

Have nicknamed it my snowman, 5.5 cm lump was zapped with chemo and beaded the follow up scan said it had died but found a gray area that they wanted to keep an eye on, this turned out to be a 2cm head which they decided to burn out, another gray area found but not sure if its another lump keeping an eye on it.

I'm at the moment visiting Birmingham hospital for possible liver transplant go for 2nd part of assessment on 20th Aug.

The hospital has been fantastic in supporting me.

Hope you are getting the help you need. 

• Muff

I know how it feels worrying about how you continue with normal life.

I find I get tired quite often, they can't do a biopsy on my liver as I'm diabetic and it has caused cirrhosis of the liver.

I find getting around difficult and should have had hip replacement opp in Jan but they did not think liver would cope with it.

I live in North Wales and travel to Birmingham for appointments.

Hope you get some good news Pray 

• I found that they zapped my liver internally and did not have sides effects. It might be worth asking about that. The zapped a 5.5cm lump and beaded it to stop spread ok a hair line blood vessel did get missed and produced a 2cm lump which they burned internally. Something to think about it's individual choice 

• Hi Mrs Jackie Green 

So sorry to hear your news, have they ever offered you a liver transplant? 

It might be worth asking if it is primary liver cancer